As reported by Sign on
San Diego, a 28-year-old motorcyclist was seriously injured on March 25 in an accident
in the Clairemont area of San Diego.
The accident occurred around 7 p.m. as the motorcyclist was riding east
on Clairemont Mesa Boulevard approaching Dubois Drive, according to San
The driver of a truck driving north on Dubois Drive failed to see the approaching
motorcycle as he reached the intersection with Clairemont Mesa Boulevard.
When he pulled away from a stop sign, he drove into the path of the motorcycle,
and the truck and motorcycle collided.
The rider was taken to a hospital with a fractured femur, arm, and hand,
according to law enforcement officials. The driver of the truck was not injured.
While it appears that the driver of the truck was likely as fault in this
accident, San Diego motorcyclists should keep the following safety tips in mind:
- Treat other motorists with courtesy and respect.
- Avoid tailgating.
- Avoid riding between lanes of slow moving or stopped traffic.
- Know and obey traffic laws, including ordinances in your community.
- Avoid excessive noise by leaving the stock muffler in place or using a
muffler of equivalent noise reduction.
- Use signals when appropriate.