As detailed by
Sign On San Diego, San Diego lawmakers are among many California officials who have been
in California motor vehicle accidents while driving state-issued vehicles.
While none of the accidents caused serious personal injury, they did cost
the taxpayers thousand of dollars.
In total, 122 claims have been settled, totaling about $768,000, from 2006
The newspaper reported the following car accidents:
• Former Assemblywoman Mary Salas, D-Chula Vista, was involved in
four incidents at a cost of $28,000 to taxpayers. The most expensive of
those was $23,122 after she ran a red light and hit another vehicle.
• Sen. Joel Anderson, R-La Mesa, when he was an assemblyman failed
to yield the right of way, and was involved in an accident costing $8,702.
• Assemblyman Marty Block, D-San Diego, ran over debris in road, costing $2,974.
• Former Assemblywoman Lori Saldaña, D-San Diego, hit a vehicle
in a parking lot, costing $6,557.
• Sen. Mimi Walters, R-Lake Forest, sideswiped her personal car with
her state car, costing $1,475.
• Sen. Christine Kehoe, D-San Diego, was rear-ended by another vehicle
that did $1,861 worth of damage.
• Former Sen. Denise Ducheny, D-San Diego, backed into another vehicle,
If you or someone you love has been injured in a California motor vehicle
experienced San Diego personal injury attorney