The holidays should be a time for celebrating with family and friends.
Unfortunately, car crashes, toy injuries, and other accidents tend to
spike this time of year.
As San Diego injury lawyers, we would like to share a few simple tips for
staying safe this holiday season:
- Before allowing your child to play with a new toy, read the instructions
- Look out for small parts in toys given to small children. Federal regulations
require that toys for children under age three cannot have parts less
than 1 1/4 inches in diameter and 2 1/4 inches long.
- Be aware of the dangers posed by magnets and button batteries, both of
which can cause serious injuries ad even death if ingested.
- Avoid allowing babies to play with pull toys with strings that are more
than 12 inches in length, as they may pose a strangulation hazard.
- After the holidays, monitor recall alerts for any new toys your child may
- To avoid a drowsy driving accident, make sure you get proper rest before
making a long trip to visit family and friends.
- If you plan to consume alcohol, arrange for alternative transportation,
such as a taxi or designated driver.
- Remain extra vigilant of other drivers’ unsafe driving behaviors,
as traffic congestion and holiday stress can result in a higher risk of
- Be prepared for inclement weather, particularly if you plan to venture
into the mountains.
- Make sure everyone in your vehicle is properly restrained in seat belts
and car safety seats.
If you or someone you love has suffered a serious injury do to someone
else’s negligence, don’t hesitate to
a San Diego injury attorney at the Law Offices of Robert Vaage for a free