Elizabeth ‘Beth’ TeixeiraChoose a Firm That Was Created to Advocate for Victims.
“I’ve always known I wanted a career where I could help people in a way where I got to see actual results that could provide someone with a better life after they’ve experienced an injury or loss. But for me, the best part of every case is being there for the client–them knowing they can reach out any time with a question–and providing them the reassurance that we are doing everything we can to achieve the best result for them.”
Background and Legal Experience
Beth Teixeira has been an attorney since 2008. New to San Diego and waiting for her bar results, Beth applied for a receptionist position with Vaage Law. Clearly, she was overqualified for the job, so as soon as she passed the bar, she was hired to an attorney position. Little did she know that 12 years later, she would still be at the firm.
Behind every trial lawyer is a great legal writer. Beth writes most of the firm’s law and motion pleadings and briefs, researches technical and legal theories, and is the firm’s go-to person when it comes to damages, liens, set-asides, and offsets. During trial, she will often examine witnesses on damages. While most of our eyes glaze over when confronted with all the numbers involved in calculating damages, Beth’s eyes gleam with excitement. As she once told a jury, “Now we get to the fun part, the numbers.” Aside from the math, Beth’s favorite part of trial is guiding her clients and their families through their story of how their lives have been irrevocably changed by their injury or the death of a loved one.
When Beth is not wearing her attorney hat, she is a wife and mother of three small children. Somehow, she manages to balance her work life and her home life. She hosts some of the best themed birthday parties worthy of Pinterest and finds time to volunteer at her children’s school and church functions. She handles the stresses of the job with great aplomb. She is exactly the type of attorney you want working on your case; someone with compassion, conviction, and composure.
View Beth’s Bio Video and discover what motivates her to practice law.
- George Mason University School of Law • 2008 Juris Doctor
- George Mason University • 2005 Master of Arts in Communication, with emphasis in health, family, and risk communication
- Virginia Wesleyan College • 2003 Bachelor of Arts in Communications, summa cum laude
- State Bar of California, admitted to practice in 2008, Bar No. 259788
- U.S. Court of Appeal, Fourth District
- U.S. District Court, Districts of California (Northern, Central, Southern)
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego (CASD)
- Trial Bar News Medical Malpractice Editor (CASD)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
Awards & Honors
- 2020 Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award by CASD
- 2020 Outstanding Trial Advocate by CASD