Suffering From a Brain Injury?Choose a Firm That Was Created to Advocate for Victims.
In This Article
Anoxic Brain Injuries in San Diego
Experienced San Diego Brain Injury Attorney
The human brain, although encased in a strong, protective skull, can be injured when there is a lack of blood flow and oxygen. When the brain is deprived of oxygen, the person has sustained an “anoxic brain injury.” Depending on the amount of the brain that has been injured, deficits can range from subtle memory problems to inability to care for oneself (feed, bathe, clothe).
Vaage Law has extensive experience with anoxic brain injuries caused by negligence. Some of the negligent causes of anoxic brain injuries include:
- Birthing complications
- Misdiagnosed transient ischemic attacks (TIA – mini-strokes)
- Misdiagnosed and delayed treatment of strokes and their causes
- Ventilator problems
- Negligent monitoring by nurses
- Sepsis or massive infection causing the heart to stop
- Failure to diagnosis a heart attack
- Metabolic insult caused by incorrect administration of drugs
- Anesthesia negligence
If you or a loved one believes they have sustained an anoxic brain injury due to the negligence of another, you need to seek the help of Vaage Law. Our San Diego brain injury lawyers can help determine who is liable and pursue an injury claim on your behalf. We have experience in handling a wide range of anoxic injuries that generally stem from the medical negligence of a health care provider.
GET A FREE CONSULTATION
In This Article
Experienced Representation Backed By Proven Results
Our San Diego firm has more than 35 years of experience in personal injury law and we have obtained countless successful results. In fact, Bob Vaage and his firm have obtained more than $150 million in compensation for clients, including individuals who have sustained brain injuries.
Depending on the nature and extent of the damage to brain tissue, anoxic brain injuries can cause very subtle changes to the brain. Proving the cause of a brain injury or the nature and extent of the impact of the brain injury on the victim requires very specialized experts: radiologists and neuroradiologists to determine the location and extent of the injury; neurologist and neuropsychologists to correlate the brain injury to loss of function; physiatrists to determine future care needs; life care planners to calculate the cost of future care; vocational rehabilitation experts to determine if the injured victim can return to work; and then an economist to calculate the full amount of economic damages. An experienced brain injury attorney will already have a team of experts.
Retaining our legal services comes with the following advantages:
- Contingency fees – You don’t pay us a dime unless we win your case.
- Vaage Law fronts the costs of the case, including the costs of experts
- Prompt and consistent communication – We return phone calls usually within 24 hours.
- Personalized legal attention and care – Our firm’s small size will allow us to give your case the quality and individualized attention it merits.
- Access to renowned experts on brain injuries.
If you or a loved one has suffered an anoxic brain injury, call the experienced attorneys at Vaage Law for a free consultation.
Mother talks about her son’s case involving an anoxic brain injury.
RECOGNIZED BY THE BEST