Injured in a Motorcycle Accident?Choose a Firm That Was Created to Advocate for Victims.
San Diego Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Hurt in San Diego? Call (619) 338-0505 Today
Motorcycles give riders an unparalleled sense of freedom, control, and connection to the open road. When they crash, however, the resulting injuries can be catastrophic. If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle crash, contact our firm today. At Vaage Law, our San Diego motorcycle accident lawyers have more than 35 years of experience with personal injury law, and have recovered more than $150 million on behalf of clients. When you choose to retain our firm, you can expect individualized and specialized representation, all with your best interests in mind.
GET A FREE CONSULTATION
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Any experienced motorcycle rider understands that the best way to avoid a collision is to stay as far away from cars as possible. This is because many, if not most, motorcycle accidents in San Diego are caused by the negligent behavior of a driver. If you’ve been injured in any of the following types of collisions, call our firm.
While motorcycle accidents can have a variety of causes, some of the most prevalent include:
- Failure to yield: If drivers don’t exercise caution when turning, merging, or changing lanes, they can trigger a serious crash. Left-turn collisions are particularly common at intersections. Drivers are typically looking out for other cars and may fail to see a motorcyclist approaching the intersection.
- Failure to recognize a motorcycle: Lane splitting is legal in California, but unfortunately, many drivers fail to pay attention to what’s happening between the lanes. Drivers will often try to jump back and forth between lanes and sometimes merge into passing motorcyclists causing serious injury. Additionally, distracted drivers who are texting or talking on their cell phones often don’t see motorcycles until it is too late.
- Rear-ends accidents: These accidents are statistically uncommon but, nonetheless, occur with alarming frequency. While a motorcyclist is stopped at an intersection, cars approaching the intersection may not see the rider or may misjudge the amount of room they have to stop. A minor fender-bender in a car can be a fatal crash on a motorcycle. Additionally, drivers often don’t realize how quickly a motorcycle can come to a stop. Tailgating can cause a dangerous rear-end collision.
- Poor road conditions: Road defects, such as potholes, uneven pavement or standing water, are especially dangerous for motorcyclists. In some cases, the public entities tasked with maintaining the roadways can be held liable.
- Defective equipment: If a faulty bike, helmet, or other protective gear contributed to the crash or the severity of your injuries, you may be able to pursue a claim against the manufacturer or seller of the product.
These are just a few of the ways negligent drivers can contribute to serious motorcycle accidents. If you believe your injuries are the result of a driver’s negligent behavior, contact Vaage Law. The physical toll of a crash can be overwhelming, to say nothing of the high cost of medical bills and other expenses. Enlist the assistance of the experience motorcycle attorneys at Vaage Law to help you get through this very difficult time.
Trust Our Experienced Firm
For more than 35 years, our San Diego motorcycle accident attorneys have taken on insurance companies and have successfully recovered more than $150 million on behalf of their clients. When you choose Vaage Law, you won’t pay a dime until and unless we recover on your behalf.
$25,300,000 - Force Feeds Cause Bowel Perforation