California Children's Injury LawyerChildhood injuries can cause life-long pain or disability if not properly treated during formative years.
How Can a California Child Injury Lawyer Help You?
If your child is injured in California due to negligent accommodations or caretaking, you need an experienced local lawyer to help you secure compensation. A child injury lawsuit could provide necessary medical care, rehabilitation, and future financial stability for your family.
Children are more vulnerable to accidents and injuries due to their limited ability to foresee risks — they need responsible adults to help protect them. Whether your child has been involved in a car accident, suffered a playground injury, experienced medical malpractice, or encountered any other type of harm caused by negligence, we are here to fight for their rights.
At Vaage Law, our child injury attorneys possess the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to navigate the legal system effectively on your behalf. We work to hold liable parties accountable for the physical, emotional, and financial impact on your child and your family.
We firmly believe that every child deserves a safe and nurturing environment to grow and thrive. Our compassionate approach combined with our unwavering commitment to justice enables us to provide personalized legal representation tailored to your child’s unique needs. Contact us online or by calling our San Diego offices at (619) 338-0505 for a free consultation to discuss the legal options you have to obtain the compensation your child deserves.
What Kind of Settlement Can a California Children’s Injury Attorney Help You Secure?
A children’s injury attorney can help you secure a comprehensive settlement that takes into account the specific damages associated with your child’s injury, such as:
- Medical expenses: This encompasses the cost of all medical treatments, surgeries, hospital stays, medication, therapy, and rehabilitation services related to the child’s injury.
- Future damages: If the child’s injury results in long-term or permanent disability, the settlement may account for future medical expenses, ongoing therapy, special education needs, and loss of future earnings or earning potential.
- Pain and suffering: A child injury attorney can seek compensation for the physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish experienced by your child as a result of the injury.
- Parental expenses: In cases where parents incur financial burdens related to their child’s injury, such as transportation costs, home modifications, or caregiving expenses, a child injury attorney can seek compensation on behalf of the parents.
- Wrongful death: For life-threatening and fatal injuries, families also have the right to sue for wrongful death damages, including funeral costs and the enormous loss of the promise and potential of a child’s future.
The exact amount of the settlement will depend on several factors, including the severity of the injury, the long-term impact on the child’s health and well-being, and the extent of the responsible party’s liability.
Childhood injuries can have long-term effects on both physical and mental health. According to the Cleveland Clinic, children who experience traumatic events have a greater chance of developing health conditions, including anxiety, depression, diabetes, heart problems, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
What Kinds of Accidents Can a California Child Injury Attorney Handle?
Some common types of accidents that our California child injury attorneys regularly handle include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Children frequently suffer traumatic brain injuries in car accidents as passengers, pedestrians, or bicyclists. A child injury attorney can help in cases of negligent drivers, defective car seats, inadequate safety restraints, or unsafe road conditions.
- School and playground injuries: A lawsuit may be pursued if a child is injured at school due to negligence, such as accidents during physical education (P.E.) classes. Children can also sustain injuries on playgrounds due to faulty equipment, lack of maintenance, or inadequate supervision. A child injury attorney can help hold accountable negligent premises owners, schools, or municipalities responsible for playground maintenance.
- Defective products: Children may suffer injuries from defective toys, cribs, car seats, or other products designed for their use. A child injury attorney can pursue legal action against manufacturers, distributors, or retailers who put unsafe products on the market.
- Medical malpractice: If a child receives substandard medical care resulting in injury or worsened condition, a child injury attorney can help pursue a medical malpractice claim against the negligent healthcare provider or institution.
- Dog bites and animal attacks: Children are often victims of dog bites and animal attacks. A child injury attorney can help seek compensation from the dog owner or other responsible parties for the physical and emotional trauma caused by the incident.
These are just a few examples of the types of cases a California child injury attorney can handle. If you don’t see your situation listed above, contact us at (619) 338-0505 to consult with an experienced attorney who can assess the specific circumstances surrounding your child’s injury. We will provide guidance on the appropriate legal steps to take.
Contact an Experienced California Children’s Injury Attorney
We understand the profound impact that certain accidents and injuries can have on a child’s life, and the well-being of their family. Our experienced attorneys possess the knowledge, skills, and compassion necessary to guide you through the legal process, ensuring that your child’s rights are protected, and that you secure the compensation needed to support their recovery and future needs.
Why Hire Vaage Law
At Vaage Law, we have years of proven experience fighting tirelessly on behalf of children and families, including a $25.6 million result for a 9-year-old child injured by medical malpractice. We understand the unique needs of children and families in the aftermath of an injury, and we work to pursue settlements that cover medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages specific to your child’s case.
At Vaage Law, we are dedicated to providing comprehensive legal support for families navigating the challenges of child injuries. Contact our California child injury lawyers at (619) 338-0505 to schedule a free consultation. Reaching out is the first step towards obtaining the justice and compensation your child deserves.
California Child Injury Lawsuit FAQs
How is compensation determined in a child injury lawsuit?
The compensation, or damages, in a child injury lawsuit is determined based on various factors, including the extent of the child’s injuries, medical expenses, pain and suffering, future medical needs, and the impact on the child’s quality of life.
An experienced child injury attorney will assess these factors, gather evidence, and work with qualified medical and financial experts if necessary to calculate the appropriate compensation amount.
Can a child injury lawsuit be settled out of court?
Yes, child injury lawsuits can often be settled out of court through negotiations between the involved parties. Settlement offers may be made by the defendant or their insurance company to compensate the child for their injury costs.
It is essential to consult with a child injury attorney who can evaluate such a settlement offer and advise you on whether accepting the offer is in the child’s best interests, or if pursuing litigation would yield a more favorable outcome.
How long does a child injury lawsuit take to resolve?
The length of a child injury lawsuit can vary depending on the complexity of the case, the willingness of the parties to negotiate, and the court’s schedule. Some cases may be resolved within months, while others may take several years. It is important to understand that pursuing a child injury lawsuit often requires patience, as the focus is on achieving a fair and just outcome rather than rushing through the legal process.
How long do I have to file a child injury lawsuit in California?
The simple answer is “it depends.” A personal injury claim may have one set of deadlines while a medical malpractice claim has yet a different set. Public entities may require a claim to be filed before filing a lawsuit. These deadlines are known as “statute of limitations” and they vary depending on the type of injury. When Vaage Law looks at a potential case, the first thing we do is try to establish who the potential defendants/wrongdoers are and the nature of the claims.
If you have questions about your specific circumstances, contact an experienced attorney who practices in your area right away for individual advice.
Vaage Law has over 150 years of combined legal experience and has recovered more than $175 million for our clients. We are headquartered in San Diego, and can be reached online or by phone at (619) 338-0505 to answer your questions.
Proudly Representing California Residents
RECOGNIZED BY THE BEST
$25,300,000 - Force Feeds Cause Bowel Perforation